Full-time, Greater Detroit area
Remote/Hybrid; proximity for occasional on-site meeting
Business Strategy Analyst
A Big Three automaker is working to create an outstanding consumer experience in the service lane. This process begins when the consumer creates an appointment. It continues at the consumer’s arrival at the Dealership for vehicle delivery, then to vehicle servicing and concludes with redelivery of the vehicle to the consumer. In each consumer experience the Automaker strives for its service lane applications to enable Dealers to deliver a consistently outstanding consumer experience in the service lane.
To support the service lane product teams and their applications, the business strategy team will provide competitive intelligence and benchmarking to assess and drive global market, economic opportunities, and market trends.
• Develop an understanding of the service lane and its features and benefits, including products/services, customers, competitors, the overall market and trends, through research and analysis
• Understand how the four product teams think about near- and long-term growth
• Build a detailed financial analysis showing all assumptions, drivers, and financial statements of strategic study
• Conduct and support market analysis, assess major industry trends affecting the business, and describe what impact these trends may have on the business
• Ability to review benchmark studies and research reports to synthesize and clearly communicate conclusions and recommendations
• Review and assess customer demand of existing products and services
• Map direct and indirect competitors, including potential future competitors, for existing and potential revenue channels
• Define a go-to-market strategy, including testing potential marketing channels if applicable
• Review corporate incentives and impact on dealer behavior. Make recommendations for revision to achieve digital business objectives’ key results.
• Identify and coordinate competitor intelligence and benchmarking; assess and drive global market and economic opportunities to launch a successful service line of business (LOB) strategy. Gather information about non-OE, Original Equipment and Independent Aftermarket, enterprise direction, distribution channels, competitor presence, regional regulations, and market trends.
• Support development of content for senior leadership forums
• Support global LOB Service strategy and dealer Service Lane Tools to improve service retention, customer loyalty, service dealer network efficiency and sales revenue generation.
Skills and Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred
• Financial management experience with modelling, planning, forecasting, and business analysis
• Advanced Excel proficiency; 3+ years of practical experience using Excel for building and maintaining financial models
• Proficiency with analytical and presentation tools including Excel pivot tables, pivot charts/graphs, SQL query, PowerPoint
• A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality
• Experience planning, conducting, and concluding primary market research using applicable research methods like surveys; analyzing and synthesizing secondary research reports, such as Forrester, via a new common template
• Excellent spoken and written communication; comfort reaching out to and interviewing the company’s management, employees, dealers, and customers
• Minimum Bachelor degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytics discipline
• Five years of project management experience
• Prior knowledge or understanding Automotive Dealership Service Lane
• Prior financial management experience as an advisor to an executive at an early-stage or start-up company a plus
Contact: Chris Barkoozis
Director, Content Management Services
Allied Vaughn’s Content Management Division brings value to our client’s physical and digital content, and their supporting technology investments. With a history of industry servant leadership, a diverse industry-client base, and an experienced and dedicated workforce, we offer scalable resource solutions for content preservation and digital content management, because finding the best solution for you is always the right solution for us.